Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Limiting Menu Controller returns

3 Posts   1519 Views

camspiers

Community Member, 5 Posts

1 July 2008 at 4:57pm

Edited: 01/07/2008 4:59pm

Hi,

I have had a look through the forums and doc and tried to find a solution but haven't.

I want to limit the number of pages retuned from the Menu controller.

Is this a desirable thing to do? I have first level pages which I do not want to appear in the Main Navigation, such as News and a Custom holder for some JavaScript Slide Menus that advertise interesting pages on the site.

At the moment I simply unselect the ShowInMenus option in the CMS, but as people editing the site might make a mistake I would like to safeguard this mistake.

So I want to do something like <% control Menu($level, $limit) %>

Thanks for your help in advance.

Oh and the menu for the site is designed to only have 5 items(by choice).

Cameron Spiers.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

1 July 2008 at 5:18pm

At the moment I simply unselect the ShowInMenus option in the CMS, but as people editing the site might make a mistake I would like to safeguard this mistake.

You could make the default setting 'ShowInMenus' false so its turned off by default - in case of people creating a page, then at least they have to go enable it.

camspiers

Community Member, 5 Posts

1 July 2008 at 10:30pm

Edited: 01/07/2008 10:31pm

Thanks willr.
Yes, I can do that and have already done it for top level pages. But I would still like to stop any possibility of a admin user creating a new top level page with the showinmenus option on.
It seems like a simple thing to do. Well, if someone has done this before it would be appreciated.
Cheers.