Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Form Errors - Trying to get property of a non-object

Go to End

2 Posts   1401 Views

Josh

SilverStripe Developer, 65 Posts

1 July 2008 at 5:18pm

Hello!

The below code throws two errors which I am having trouble with. The first is in the GetEntrant function. If I have the $data and $form variable defined in the circle brackets - I get an error saying "FATAL ERROR: Missing argument 2 for DrawPrizePage_Controller::GetEntrant()" for both the $data and $form variable.

The second and more important "problem" I have is getting the value from a database object. I am trying to get the MemberDataID value into a variable, from the Competitions table. It is commented in the code below.

class DrawPrizePage_Controller extends Page_Controller {

function Form() {
		return new Form($this, "Form",
				new FieldSet(
					new TextField("CompID", "Competition Page ID")
					),

new FieldSet(
					new FormAction("GetEntrant", "Draw Winners!") 
					));

}

function GetEntrant($data, $form) {

$CompID = $this->data['CompID'];

$GetEntry = DataObject::get_one("Competition", "CompetitionPageID='{$CompID}'");		

$WinnersDetails = DataObject::get_one("Member", "ID='{$GetEntry->MemberDataID}'"); // How do I get the value for the MemberDataID column which is called in $GetEntry above?

return $WinnersDetails; 

}

:)

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

7 July 2008 at 3:01pm

Hi subvert,

If your Competition object has a has_one relationship like this:

static $has_one = array(
  "MemberData" => "Member",
);

Then you should be able to access the related member's ID by using $GetEntry->MemberDataID, as you have.

Can you post some more information about what errors you are getting - I assume that the code you've posted doesn't work as-is?

PS: $CompID has a SQL-injection vulnerabililty, since $data["CompID"] is set by the browser. Use Convert::raw2sql().