Moving data across to a live host is usually straight forward. At the same time Im going to try and explain how to move off the tutorial theme - heres what I would suggest
FIRST STEPS - setting up:
* First Take a backup of your localcopy (dont want to go losing anything)
* Create a new Database on your live server ill called it 'MyDatabase'
* Download / Upload SilverStripe to your webserver to make sure it installs, runs fine etc - install this time with BlackCandy, make sure the DB selected in the installer is MyDatabase and you use your server config details
SECOND STEPS - copying files:
* Copy your code folder from the tutorial folder on your local to the mysite/code/ folder on your live site.
* On the live server make a new folder under themes/ called yourtheme or whatever.
* From your local - copy the tutorial/css folder, the tutorial/images and the tutorial/templates folders and all their files to the themes/yourtheme folder on the live server - so you would end up on the live server with themes/yourtheme/css , themes/yourtheme/templates etc
THIRD STEP - Copying the Database:
* On your local export the database - with WAMP you go http://localhost/phpmyadmin click your database on the left then hit the Export tab on the right. Make sure you select the Save as File option down the bottom and the 'Add Drop Table' option on the right.
* Login to your webservers PHPMyadmin - dont know if MaxNet has it but it should. And then in that PHPMyadmin click on the 'MyDatabase' then hit the import tab on the right and import the exported DB you saved from the step before
LAST STEPS - (hopefully):
* On the live server open mysite/_config.php and edit the SSViewer::set_theme() to point to your new theme - SSViewer::set_theme('yourtheme'); Save this.
* On the live server run yoursite.com/db/build?flush=1 to make sure you can build every thing correctly!
And thats pretty much the steps you would take!