Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Images, files and flash

Go to End

2 Posts   1283 Views

Zefred69

Community Member, 1 Post

4 July 2008 at 11:53pm

Hello all and thank you for your job !!
I'm a totally newcomer to Silverstripe and intensively testing it to replace my old fashionned Xoops Portal.
A thing i'm wondering, is how to insert flash code (like daylimotion videos) or images from another server (like imageshack) ? I'm only able to upload files on my server (which is exactly what i'm looking for, but somtimes i may have to use other sources outside of my site.
I succeeded to do so by pasting the html code (ie for daylimotion videos) in the html editor, but i'm looking for a solution far more simple for my non advanced contributors ...

Sorry for my english ;-) and thanks in advance for your help.

Fred

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

6 July 2008 at 1:29pm

For a recent project Matt implemented a neat system of being able to have external files - eg flickr photos in your assets directory so you can insert / use them in the content area - You just 'upload' a URL to some file rather then a file on your computer when your in the Files and Images section but this is going to take a lot of testing and probably wont make the next release at least so sadly you will have to stick with the manual process for the moment.