Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Images, files and flash

2 Posts   946 Views

Zefred69

Community Member, 1 Post

4 July 2008 at 11:53pm

Hello all and thank you for your job !!
I'm a totally newcomer to Silverstripe and intensively testing it to replace my old fashionned Xoops Portal.
A thing i'm wondering, is how to insert flash code (like daylimotion videos) or images from another server (like imageshack) ? I'm only able to upload files on my server (which is exactly what i'm looking for, but somtimes i may have to use other sources outside of my site.
I succeeded to do so by pasting the html code (ie for daylimotion videos) in the html editor, but i'm looking for a solution far more simple for my non advanced contributors ...

Sorry for my english ;-) and thanks in advance for your help.

Fred

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

6 July 2008 at 1:29pm

For a recent project Matt implemented a neat system of being able to have external files - eg flickr photos in your assets directory so you can insert / use them in the content area - You just 'upload' a URL to some file rather then a file on your computer when your in the Files and Images section but this is going to take a lot of testing and probably wont make the next release at least so sadly you will have to stick with the manual process for the moment.