Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Install Silver Stripe in linux HELP

Go to End

13 Posts   6028 Views

snovvvolf

Community Member, 51 Posts

6 July 2008 at 4:23am

any one can pls tell me, if i want to install Silver Stripe in linux hosting, should i install Ubuntu to my linux hosting first then just install the Silver Stripe?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

6 July 2008 at 1:18pm

I assume Ubuntu comes with PHP / Apache setup? Maybe not - you might have to install PHP / Apache / Mysql yourself - http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu_debian_lamp_server

snovvvolf

6 July 2008 at 9:59pm

willr, my question is that i need to have Ubuntu, for linux server before install Silver stripe? if not install ubutun, that mean my Silver stripe cms will get error right?

Willr

6 July 2008 at 10:03pm

Yes you need to have a Operating System of some sort - ubuntu is just 1 of many linux flavours you could use.

snovvvolf

11 July 2008 at 1:40am

willr, that mean i need to download the ubuntu and upload to my linux server, then just can install the SS, so before install SS the ubuntu OS need to have some installing or editing?

Willr

11 July 2008 at 10:41am

Edited: 11/07/2008 10:42am

is your linux server is it running a Operating System currently?

snovvvolf

11 July 2008 at 2:32pm

willr, i ask my linux server support, there told me that the hosting is running Linux x86 CentOS 4.6., so still need to install ubuntu?

Willr

11 July 2008 at 2:36pm

Nope you can use CentOS, That comes with everything you will need I believe to run SS

Go to Top