Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Table Names - Windows -> Linux

Go to End

8 Posts   2872 Views

Community Member, 605 Posts

7 July 2008 at 8:28am

Edited: 07/07/2008 8:36am

Hi all,

Well, my first Silverstripe site is now complete. Developed over 2 months in my spare time, with one fairly highly modified custom page type for managing and displaying and selling tours through South America.

So the slated go-live was last night. Which was about the time I hit the snag I am still facing this morning.

First, the site was developed in a WAMP environment. Pretty much a must have in terms of speed. When I uploaded my tables and code last night, I was met with nothing more than a

The website server has not been able to respond to your request.

Having a bit of a dig around, I found that the table names in my WAMP config were all lower case. I thought this was a little weird given SS's naming convention, so I installed a fresh copy of 2.2.2 on the live server. And yes, in a LAMP configuration, the table names are indeed TitleCased.

I'm know that this must be a Windows-Linux thing, but I have never seen any open source software that has this sort of trouble (and I always develop in a WAMP-LAMP dev to live setup). This is surely something en-forcable by code?

Community Member, 501 Posts

7 July 2008 at 8:48am

You need to put

lower_case_table_names = 2

in your my.ini file of yr mysql install on windows

Community Member, 605 Posts

7 July 2008 at 9:47am

Thanks Dio,

It's a shame the forum doesn't support stickies, as I'm sure many newbs will get tripped up on that one.

I never needed to check that doc, as SS ran just fine on WAMP the first time I tried.

Question: Will that have any effect on my Dev version since all the table names are lowercase already?

Community Member, 501 Posts

7 July 2008 at 10:29am

It will make new tables capitalized, but do nothing to the old ones afaik..

I've added it a few weeks ago and havent noticed any issues so far...

Community Member, 199 Posts

15 October 2008 at 11:38pm

So how would you go about changing the existing tables into capitalised names to coincide with the linux database format?

Community Member, 156 Posts

16 October 2008 at 3:35am

by hand.

I had to do a site which had all the content loaded locally. Took a while but better then reloading content.

never made that mistake again.

Community Member, 199 Posts

16 October 2008 at 3:38am

Awww! That sux. ok, well here i go...

Community Member, 97 Posts

29 November 2008 at 9:59am

The solution in this post worked for me: