Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

ECommerce Custom

2 Posts   1257 Views

Adriaan

Community Member, 1 Post

7 July 2008 at 10:56pm

Hi guys, recently switched to Silverstripe. Great product. I am still getting to grips with some of the structure and ways to change it to my liking. I would like to ask the following.

I am using the latest ecommerce module and would like to change some ways.

1) How can I remove the payment method?

I would just like the module to mail me the order. At the moment the status tells me the order is incomplete. It seems like it wants me to make a Cheque payment first before it mails me the order. e.g. to the admin email.

I am however getting the Shop Receipt as a user. I would please like to know how to bypass the payment and just carry on with the emailing of the order: receipt to user (where I can edit the email template giving me bank details) and a copy of the order to me, Admin.

Can this be done and how would I go about doing that. I would just like to use manual Direct Bank Deposits by the user.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

14 July 2008 at 5:39pm

I suggest that you just use the "Cheque" payment method class, and label it however makes sense for your site.

You might want to update ChequePayment::processPayment() to set the status to "Success" instead of "Pending".

Or, to preserve upgradeability, create your own payment class with this logic, that is included as part of your project code.