Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

File permissions

7 Posts   1845 Views

Garthan

Community Member, 15 Posts

8 July 2008 at 12:50am

Hi,

how can i to allow them to write...

Does the webserver know where files are stored? The webserver isn't letting me identify where files are stored. (file '/config-form.html' not found)
mysite/ folder exists There's no mysite folder. (file '/mysite' not found)
sapphire/ folder exists There's no sapphire folder. (file '/sapphire' not found)
cms/ folder exists There's no cms folder. (file '/cms' not found)
jsparty/ folder exists There's no jsparty folder. (file '/jsparty' not found)
Is the .htaccess file writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure /.htaccess is writable.
Is the mysite/ folder writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure /mysite is writable.
Is the tutorial/ folder writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure /tutorial is writable.
Is the assets/ folder writeable? Unable to detect whether I can write to files. Please ensure /assets is writable.

Thanks

cliersch

Community Member, 75 Posts

8 July 2008 at 1:36am

Edited: 08/07/2008 1:38am

It might be a problem of the writen path in the .htaccess. Does your hoster allow htaccess files and mod_rewrite?

Garthan

8 July 2008 at 1:46am

i see that .htaccess is empty and i don't know if my hoster (aruba.it) allows to write the files.

cliersch

8 July 2008 at 2:41am

Can you change the files and folders chmod status to 777 writable?

Garthan

8 July 2008 at 2:45am

yes i did it right now with ipswitch ftp le95!!! i made this changes from 666 to 777 but nothing happens

cliersch

8 July 2008 at 2:58am

Hmmm - sorry no further ideas! Maybe somebody can help!

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

14 July 2008 at 5:41pm

Does config-form.html exist, and is it readable by the server? What web-server / OS / etc are you running?