Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Ecommerce Problems - remove the leading $

7 Posts   1944 Views

OCO Pure

Community Member, 14 Posts

14 July 2008 at 7:00am

I have come to a problem after I have installed the ecommerce feature on my website. On the items page the prices show a $ in front of the price, that is meant to be in EUR - which is behind the numbers.
Any idea how to change that?

You can see the problem here:
http://www.oco-pure.net/oco-pure-webshop/

Thank you for your help.
Andreas

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

14 July 2008 at 1:14pm

I think Ecommerce using a CurrencyField() for storing the values and in the CurrencyField.php file the method prepends the $ to the value -

function setValue($val) {
      $this->value = '$' . number_format(ereg_replace('[^0-9.]',"",$val), 2);
   }

This could be where you need to change it

OCO Pure

14 July 2008 at 5:58pm

Tell me a noob, but I can`t find what you mentioned ... using the 2.2.2 with the 0.5.2 ecommerce.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

14 July 2008 at 6:03pm

Thats part of the core fieldtypes - located in sapphire/forms/CurrencyField.php . Easiest thing to do when working with a silverstripe project is to use a editor with a global file search so you just enter the file name, rather then dig through folders

OCO Pure

15 July 2008 at 5:03am

Well, I found it - but the changes did not seem to affect the showing of the $ on the website. Pretty little problems ...

OCO Pure

15 July 2008 at 8:23am

Got 90% of the problem solved as I removed the hard coded $ in the sapphire/core/model/fieldtypes/Currency.php - now it`s only the problem on the checkout page, when the order is been prepared for the payment. Total is still been shown as $ xx.xx EUR

Any idea where I find this?

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

18 July 2008 at 3:22pm

It's possible that it's also hard-coded in Checkout.php or Checkout.ss