Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Blog Installation problem

Go to End

9 Posts   2357 Views

sherman

Community Member, 48 Posts

17 July 2008 at 7:20am

Edited: 17/07/2008 7:22am

2. Blog installation

I downloaded the blog module and installed it fine to the root of tutorial. The problem I'm having is the admin section doesn't seem to recognize the files. On the admin side > create Blog Entry page > creates a page but it has no blog functionality included in. Please see screenshots. The page is acting more like a standard page rather then a blog post. There is no tags, date, author ect.

- how do I add the appropriate blog tags to my theme? do I need to create a new page specific to the blog?
- I copy and pasted the code from BlogEntry.ss and BlogHolder.ss into my theme and that seemed to work fine.
- how do I create a custom blog page using my theme with the blog tags and get the admin section to recognize it? Is this possible?

sherman

17 July 2008 at 7:22am

Blog Holder

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

17 July 2008 at 9:44am

So in the backend your Blog Page doesnt have fields for date, author, tags?

What version of the blog module did you use

sherman

17 July 2008 at 9:47am

Everything is recent, downloaded yesterday.

The backend does have author, tags, content and so on but because im using a custom Page.ss the blog on the public side only displays the title and the content as per the first image in my post.

Basically I need to know how to make a custom blog page (template) and have it be recognized by the behaviors dropdown on the admin side.

Does this make sense?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

17 July 2008 at 9:55am

Basically each page type can have its own template and if it doesnt it defaults to Page.ss. So for the BlogHolder class and the BlogEntry class you can create a BlogHolder.ss file which has the custom fields etc and a BlogEntry.ss file.

See how the default theme does it but I think you can drop those 2 files straight into themes/yourtheme/templates/Layout otherwise with the blog module you have to create a subtheme to yourtheme and drop the files in there so you would have themes/yourtheme_blog/templates/Layout/BlogHolder.ss etc. Where yourtheme = the name of your theme

sherman

18 July 2008 at 7:24am

Edited: 18/07/2008 7:25am

- It worked with BlogHolder.ss but not with BlogEntry.ss for some reason?

- The BlogHolder page is using "include BlogSummary" and the summary is displaying html tags in the output. Do you know why?

sherman

18 July 2008 at 8:26am

BlogEntry.ss is now working but it too is showing html tags in the output:

sherman

18 July 2008 at 9:31am

What is the folder structure hierarchy? In terms how SS drills down through the folder structure?

Go to Top