Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Freelance / contract SilverStripe developers in the UK?

4 Posts   1808 Views

Odeclas

Community Member, 6 Posts

17 July 2008 at 11:32pm

I thought I'd found a job board here on SS, but I've either lost it, or it's been moved, or I imagined the whole thing. Anyhoo.

I'm looking to establish a roster of freelancers with specific competencies that could help me - I've got a sequence of projects I would like to discuss and have implemented on our existing 2.2.2 install of Silverstripe. The initial site development was carried out by a very competent agency but I want to move away from that model of working.

(a) Are there any candidates here?
(b) Does anyone recommend / not recommend this way of working?

Ivan Salcedo - Head of Creative Services at NESTA
(PS I am not averse to non-UK-based developers, I just find it significantly easier to work with people in the same / similar time zones).

Knigh7

17 July 2008 at 11:56pm

Hi Ivan,

I am based in the UK and we develop websites using SilverStripe, our website is based on version 2.2.2; we have implemented SS for a few of our recent clients. I am happy to meet you or have a telephone conversation to discuss a working method.

My company website is at www.odada.com

Thanks,
Ahmad
Email: ahmad@odada.com

vstrazz

Community Member, 63 Posts

18 July 2008 at 1:52am

Edited: 06/12/2008 4:08pm

Hello Ivan,

I am not in the UK, but I work with SS professionally on a daily basis. As you will see by our projects and past work, we have silverstripe down to a science. I would be more than happy to get some freelance work.

Thanks, Vance

Odeclas

23 July 2008 at 9:00pm

Are there any more of you out there?

Reply direct if you don't want to advertise on here: webmaster@nesta.org.uk

I'm looking to pay for development around implementing tagging / semantic structures (ie autogenerated lists), the blog module, workflow and possibly widget development.