Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Freelance / contract SilverStripe developers in the UK?

Go to End

4 Posts   2625 Views

Odeclas

Community Member, 6 Posts

17 July 2008 at 11:32pm

I thought I'd found a job board here on SS, but I've either lost it, or it's been moved, or I imagined the whole thing. Anyhoo.

I'm looking to establish a roster of freelancers with specific competencies that could help me - I've got a sequence of projects I would like to discuss and have implemented on our existing 2.2.2 install of Silverstripe. The initial site development was carried out by a very competent agency but I want to move away from that model of working.

(a) Are there any candidates here?
(b) Does anyone recommend / not recommend this way of working?

Ivan Salcedo - Head of Creative Services at NESTA
(PS I am not averse to non-UK-based developers, I just find it significantly easier to work with people in the same / similar time zones).

Knigh7

17 July 2008 at 11:56pm

Hi Ivan,

I am based in the UK and we develop websites using SilverStripe, our website is based on version 2.2.2; we have implemented SS for a few of our recent clients. I am happy to meet you or have a telephone conversation to discuss a working method.

My company website is at www.odada.com

Thanks,
Ahmad
Email: ahmad@odada.com

vstrazz

Community Member, 63 Posts

18 July 2008 at 1:52am

Edited: 06/12/2008 4:08pm

Hello Ivan,

I am not in the UK, but I work with SS professionally on a daily basis. As you will see by our projects and past work, we have silverstripe down to a science. I would be more than happy to get some freelance work.

Thanks, Vance

Odeclas

23 July 2008 at 9:00pm

Are there any more of you out there?

Reply direct if you don't want to advertise on here: webmaster@nesta.org.uk

I'm looking to pay for development around implementing tagging / semantic structures (ie autogenerated lists), the blog module, workflow and possibly widget development.