Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Deleted forum remains in database, is displayed on published site

3 Posts   1174 Views

bo

Community Member, 10 Posts

21 July 2008 at 9:37pm

Alright, I'm making guesses here because I know basically nothing about mysql. My problem is that the published version of my "Forums" page holds two "General discussion" forums (one older, containing one post; and one more recent, without posts), whereas the draft version only holds one (the latter). This is the only one showing up in the CMS. This issue follows a number of removals of forums and forum holders, db/build flushes, and daily-build installations.

When navigating to the older forum I get the following notice at the top of the page:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\www\forum\code\Forum.php on line 1824

So, something went wrong when deleting a forum holder, and the forum wasn't removed from the database?

What do I do to regain control of this page? Any help greatly appreciated.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

21 July 2008 at 10:13pm

I noticed this bug pop up on a recent project. I restored to logging into phpmyadmin - opening the SiteTree and SiteTree_Live and removing the General Discussion that way

bo

Community Member, 10 Posts

24 July 2008 at 12:01am

Worked like a charm, thank you!