Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Admin not logging in

35 Posts   12612 Views

sherman

Community Member, 48 Posts

29 July 2008 at 10:58am

I tried flushing both and adding that bit of code to the config file with no results.

I compared my template with blackcandy and they use the correct tags. The reinstall seemed to work with blackcandy but not with my template. I even copied the head code and the doctype from blackcandy.

Phalkunz

69 Posts

29 July 2008 at 11:09am

That's so weird really. Did you copy just your theme folder to the new installation? There's another thing. the login form in your theme doesn't show a notification message like the login is correct or not.

if you can, set up a temporary login (username & password). I'd like to try to login or you can try from another computer.

sherman

29 July 2008 at 11:12am

Ok, I added:

Security::setDefaultAdmin("admin", "password");

Feel free to try to login. thanks!

Phalkunz

69 Posts

29 July 2008 at 11:25am

Sorry. No luck with that. I'm wondering how you entered alot of info so far?

sherman

29 July 2008 at 12:01pm

The content was added in on my localhost server. Im going to add a user through localhost and reimport the database tomorrow morning.

thanks for looking.

Phalkunz

69 Posts

29 July 2008 at 12:52pm

So it works on your localhost? the problem must be from server config or because you put the silverstripe in a sub folder? did you reinstall (install.php) silversripe on the server.

I used firebug and i saw this error "The website server has not been able to respond to your request" on http://peds.org/_devsite/Security/?executeForm=LoginForm

sherman

30 July 2008 at 3:41am

So it works on your localhost? the problem must be from server config or because you put the silverstripe in a sub folder? did you reinstall (install.php) silversripe on the server.

Yes, it worked on localhost. I reinstalled SS twice on this dev server. This morning I added additional users in phpmyadmin on localhost then exported again to the dev server. It WORKED on login for 1 time. Now it won't allow me access again. This is the same thing that happened yesterday, 1 login and then it wont work.

I used firebug and i saw this error "The website server has not been able to respond to your request" on http://peds.org/_devsite/Security/?executeForm=LoginForm'

These sounds interesting, maybe some of the admin mods on the board can shed some light on this?

sherman

30 July 2008 at 5:08am

Here is the error log from my hosting company. Maybe someone can see if there is something affecting the login.

http://architexture.ca/_delete/errors.txt

Thanks,