Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

integrating with soap service

7 Posts   3511 Views

markd_mms

Community Member, 4 Posts

23 July 2008 at 4:04pm

We're in the process of updating our website to use SilverStripe and I was hoping to integrate a soap service (used for providing software updates to our customers) with the user authentication system in SilverStripe so we don't need maintain 2 separate systems.

I've had a quick look around the code and can see that there is a soap server somewhere and that the Ministry of Tourism must have done something similar, but I can't find where I need to start. Can you give me any pointers?

TIA

Geoff

Core Development Team, 8 Posts

23 July 2008 at 5:46pm

Hi,

We've used SOAP services on a few projects, I'm assuming that you didn't write or control the service you're accessing?

In either case, I recommend you use the native PHP SOAP service (and curl if I recall correctly) which makes it all a bit easier.

We converted to the SOAP response to a DataObject, which had quite a few implications and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. If you can be a bit more specific in what you're trying to do, then I can help more.

Geoff

markd_mms

23 July 2008 at 6:33pm

Edited: 23/07/2008 6:34pm

I haven't written it yet but it will be something I write. Basically all the service needs to do is return a list of files created after a supplied filename, per user e.g. last file downloaded is whatever.xml so it would return whatever1.xml, whatever2.xml etc. I know I could go and write a simple standalone soap service to do that but I thought it would be better to use SilverStripe for authentication considering we'll be using it for our website shortly.

Mark

markd_mms

28 July 2008 at 1:51pm

anyone?

markd_mms

30 July 2008 at 1:08pm

is there a file that i can require_once to initialise the ss environment?

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

1 August 2008 at 9:27pm

Subscribe....

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

12 August 2008 at 12:10am

Hi Geoff,

I'm integrating SOAP into a Silverstripe site as well, and I'm having problems converting the SOAP results to something I can use in a SS template ; right now , I ended up converting the entire result to a dataobjectset by a looping through it pushing new arraydata on the stack...
Very inefficient and nasty....

Please tell me you know of a better alternative ? ;-)