Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

product options as search parameters?

Go to End

adriana

Community Member, 2 Posts

23 July 2008 at 5:16pm

Hi,
I'm building a website for a Tile company, they are not selling on line, they only want to display all their products and for people to be able to search for tiles based on a set of parameters: size, colour, area of use (interior, bathrooms, exterior) and a few others.
I'm using the e-commerce module and have the tile products grouped by manufacturer. However, most customers would want to search for tiles based on other criteria (bathroom tiles, white etc).
I've been reading up on how to add new product options (add new fields to database and CMS fields), so I think i'll be able to handle that.

Does anyone have any idea how I can implement these product options in the search function? Or should I have a new function to sort products according to these options?
Not sure where to start... Any ideas very much appreciated.

If I don't have any luck, would I be able to get one of the Silverstripe developers to help me out - pay for support? How would I go about getting a quote?

Thanks a lot.
adriana