Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Meta Links and other Links not possible?

Go to End

4 Posts   1904 Views

cihan

Community Member, 9 Posts

25 July 2008 at 1:32am

Edited: 25/07/2008 2:47am

Hello

is it impossible to make in SilverStripe diffrent Link-Categories? I have my Mainmenu und then the Submenus. That's no problem. But I dont want to write the meta links and other links wich are not for mainmenu or submenus directly in the *.ss file. I would like to adminsitrate this links also in SilverStripe. Is this possible? Or can we only make normaly links (e.g Link -> Sublink -> Subsublink etc.)?

cihan

Community Member, 9 Posts

28 July 2008 at 10:29am

Hello

nobody knows an anwser?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

28 July 2008 at 1:08pm

You might need to explain your answer more clearly?

I read it as you want to have a list of links which you can manage in the CMS and have them show on the site?

What you could do is create a Page called Links then under this page create subpages of Page type 'RedirectorPage' page which point to the pages you want to link to.

Then in the template you can do

<% control ChildrenOf(Links) %>
<a href="$Link">$Title</a>
<% end_control %>

Which will output a list of all the Children Pages of your Links Page so if you want to add another link you would click Links then go Create Page of type RedirectorPage. You can then sort and edit/delete like you would normal pages

SilverRay

Community Member, 167 Posts

28 July 2008 at 11:37pm