Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

No user created during install

6 Posts   2199 Views

manafta

Community Member, 7 Posts

23 May 2007 at 7:19am

Hi,

After the install I get an HTTP authetication window.

The install script created database tables, _config.php and .htaccess. But in the database no user record has been added. So nothing works.

I am using Silverstripe 2.0.1. My provider runs PHP 5.2.1 as CGI under Apache. According to the PHP manual HTTP authetication cannot work under CGI.

Is there a way to get Silverstripe running as CGI?

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

23 May 2007 at 9:08am

If you add to mysite/_config.php:

Security::setDefaultAdmin('admin','password);

Then it will force that login to function, so you can get in. That might progress you, hopefully to the working system.

You might need to view <silverstripeUrl> /db/build if the site isn't working straight off.

manafta

24 May 2007 at 5:30am

Setting a default admin didn't do anything. The only pages I can access are the ones in the webroot, which are real files. For all other pages I get the authentication window, not just for /admin/.

Sigurd

24 May 2007 at 12:42pm

So you are saying that it wouldn't permit "admin" and "password" to log you in even if with this in your _config.php ??

Security::setDefaultAdmin('admin','password);

Because that's odd!

Is your hostname something like "test" ?

manafta

25 May 2007 at 11:32pm

The subdomain was called "test" . After changing the subdomain name it is working normally :-)

Sigurd

26 May 2007 at 9:06am

yeah there is some hard-coded stuff to do with 'test' hostname that will be improved for 2.0.2