Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Multi Coloured Menus

3 Posts   1514 Views

BlueO

Community Member, 52 Posts

26 July 2008 at 5:40pm

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to this and attempting to have a differently coloured menu for each major section of my site.

I thought about creating different page types for each section but there are already several different types (forum, articles etc) in each section. This means I can't use, for example, an article page in different sections without creating yet another page type.

So... is there a simple way to call up different /include/Menu.ss files depending upon what the parent/section is?

If anyone to could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful

thanks
bernard

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

26 July 2008 at 10:54pm

Theres several ways to do this. You could use something like <% if InSection(SectionName) %> - http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=built-in-page-controls#links_and_class_s or you could do something like id="$ClassName" in your html to change colors etc as this would generate id="BlogPage" for BlogPage, id="Page" for any pages of type page then in the CSS you could use #BlogPage {} for custom styles on BlogPages

BlueO

Community Member, 52 Posts

27 July 2008 at 11:53am

Excellent,

The

<% if InSection() %>

worked perfectly.

Thank you willr

bernard