Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

installation problem - "there are two ... files with the same filename"

Go to End

10 Posts   4962 Views

vovabigov

Community Member, 4 Posts

29 July 2008 at 11:04am

During installation server prints out 3 errors. It goes like this:

"
I am now running through the installation steps (this should take about 30 seconds)

If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation

Creating 'mysite/_config.php'...
Creating /home/a7244252/public_html/mysite/_config.php
Creating '.htaccess' file...
Creating /home/a7244252/public_html/.htaccess
Building database schema...
PHP Error Message

Notice: Warning: there are two 'Extension' files with the same filename: '/home/a7244252/public_html/sapphire/core/Extension.php' and '/home/a7244252/public_html/auth_openid/code/Auth/OpenID/Extension.php'. This might mean that the wrong code is being used. in /home/a7244252/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 256

Notice: Warning: there are two 'XML' files with the same filename: '/home/a7244252/public_html/sapphire/integration/XML.php' and '/home/a7244252/public_html/auth_openid/code/Auth/Yadis/XML.php'. This might mean that the wrong code is being used. in /home/a7244252/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 256

Fatal error: Class 'Extension' not found in /home/a7244252/public_html/sapphire/core/model/DataObjectDecorator.php on line 16
"

What does it mean?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 July 2008 at 1:08pm

it means pretty much what is says - Notice: Warning: there are two 'XML' files with the same filename. - Theres 2 files with the same name and since SS standard is 1 class per file and the name of the file must be the same as the class its probably complaining about 2 XML class's.

You using 2.2.2 or the latest trunk / dailybuild version?

vovabigov

30 July 2008 at 5:55am

Edited: 30/07/2008 5:58am

Thanx for help. The problem is still actual.

I'm using 2.2.2 ver.

So, what should I do? - delete files or what?

I just simply downloaded last stable version and tried to install it - should I search for some older version?

PS: and there is another tipe of error:

"Class 'Extension' not found "

should I try to find out php bag by myself or there is some ready solve for this?

rbquirke

Community Member, 70 Posts

14 August 2008 at 7:58pm

I replicated the issue in two different environments from the 2.2.2 release downloaded from:
http://www.silverstripe.co.nz/assets/downloads/PHPInstaller/silverstripe-v2.2.2.tar.gz

I have just downloaded the CVS version and the installation ran perfectly.

There is clearly an issue with the gzipped release which is surprising given it has a release date of May 2008.

It may well be that it is an environment specific issue but that would surprise me as I attempted installation on both my local (WAMP) environment and dev server (Linux system running Apache).

If anyone needs more details, let me know.

rbquirke

14 August 2008 at 8:16pm

Ho hum...

Well after checking some more, it looks like there isn't any issue with the code.

I had unpacked the gzipped tar on my Windows pc using IzArc and then uploaded to my linux box, also used the same code to try installation on my local machine. Obviously the extraction caused some file corruption or some other spanner in the works.

After unpacking the file directly on my linux environment, the installation worked a charm.

vovabigov: I would suggest you have a similar issue.

vovabigov

21 August 2008 at 11:02pm

>>I had unpacked the gzipped tar on my Windows pc using IzArc and then uploaded to my linux box, also used the same code to try installation on my local machine. Obviously the extraction caused some file corruption or some other spanner in the works.

After unpacking the file directly on my linux environment, the installation worked a charm.

vovabigov: I would suggest you have a similar issue.
<<

Yep! I had unpacked the gzipped tar on my Windows pc using IzArc too.

I'll try to unpack on server and ll'let U know.

vovabigov

29 August 2008 at 1:47am

So, I can not unpack files on server because my hosting don't let start command "system" on server.

And while I unpack dsitributive under Windows, Windows corrupt them.

rbquirke

4 September 2008 at 3:37pm

try using winrar on Windows.

As for linux, if you can ssh in to your hosting, run the following command:
tar -zxvf silverstripe-v2.2.2.tar.gz

(or whatever the release file is called)

Go to Top