Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Installation problem on OVH hosting

6 Posts   2350 Views

Bibich

Community Member, 12 Posts

30 July 2008 at 7:45am

Hi,

I try to install Silverstripe 2.2.2 on ovh hosting (a big french hosting).
(php 5.2.6 , mysql 5.0.44)

on the install.php, all requirements are green (good) but when I press install button I have an error :

Installing SilverStripe...

I am now running through the installation steps (this should take about 30 seconds)

If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation
# Creating 'mysite/_config.php'...
# Creating /home.10.23/nutrifiz/www/mysite/_config.php
# Creating '.htaccess' file...
# Creating /home.10.23/nutrifiz/www/.htaccess
# Building database schema...

Fatal error: DATABASE ERROR: Couldn't run query: SHOW FULL FIELDS IN `Newsletter` | Table 'nutrifiz.Newsletter' doesn't exist in /home.10.23/nutrifiz/www/sapphire/core/model/Database.php on line 431

What's wrong ? is somebody successfully install silverstripe on ovh ?

cheers.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

30 July 2008 at 10:48pm

Just try rebuild / refresh the page again. Using you the stable 2.2.2 version. Are you installing any modules as well?

Bibich

31 July 2008 at 12:31am

I try to install 4 or 5 times - refresh and clean install with the same issue.
I'm using stable 2.2.2 without extra module.

it seems to be a problem in the table name. Newsletter doesn't exist but newsletter exist.
Can we specify to not take care of case in mysql ?

Willr

31 July 2008 at 5:47pm

Can we specify to not take care of case in mysql ?

I think this could be a mysql config option rather then an SS one. To get pass the installer you could try dulicating the newsletter table to Newsletter - its a bit of a hack but if your not going to use the newsletter system then you should be sweet

Bibich

31 July 2008 at 6:13pm

It's a problem of casing. I tried to develop in local on a windows machine and transfered on ovh hosting. as it doesn't work I reinstall SS directly on ovh but without deleting the db.
with a clean install all is ok.

Thanks for help.

Willr

1 August 2008 at 11:22am

UNIX is case sensitive for tables names where as windows is not - or the other way round :P so it works when you clean install but if you try and copy the db across you of course have an issue. See the mysql docs - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/identifier-case-sensitivity.html for how to disable it.