Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Slideshow Pro integration

Go to End

18 Posts   8574 Views

bod

Community Member, 72 Posts

1 August 2008 at 8:01am

Is anyone familiar with integrating the Slideshow Pro component into SS?

http://slideshowpro.net

Would need to use it in the context of an include into the banner/header region rather than as a separate page type.

the component uses XML to show how many albums and galleries are available. Have integrated this into one of ourt own ASP driven CMS's before now but not familiar with PHP/SS/MVC framework. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

1 August 2008 at 2:25pm

If I understand this right, you just want to include a flash banner in your template, not anything with replacing SSP Directory with SS?

Make a template called something like slideshowpro.ss with the html code for the flash. Save it in mysite/templates/includes/

Then edit page.ss and use <% include slideshowpro.ss %>

You should read the tutorials for extending sites. I believe what you're after is just basic template editing, and not specific to SSP.

bod

1 August 2008 at 10:45pm

Edited: 01/08/2008 10:50pm

Hi Lee,

No I need to populate the Slideshow Pro component dynamically from the SS cms at a page level to generate the appropriate XML via PHP probably.

Yes I've read the tutorials extensively and a hell of a lot of forum posts overthe last 2 weeks - so I'm pretty familiar with including a flash object via an ss include along with most of the basic stuff, but I need this to run from some type of SS controlled image management rather than as a static XML file on the server which would involve some complex code and as a designer I wouldn't be best positioned to scope that out, especially with an unfamiliar framework such as SS. Just checking to see if anyone else had tried this with their build that's all.

Cheers anyway for the reply.

pac

Community Member, 25 Posts

18 August 2008 at 6:03am

Edited: 18/08/2008 6:03am

I am quite familiar with slideshowpro. i use it with SS but from statics xml data.
It looks like you need to write a controller which generates the xml file from the cms. Not a piece of cake, but doable. Should probably be a module for SS.
Maybe we could hire someone to develop this, split the cost and give it back to the community ? anyone interested ?

bod

1 September 2008 at 4:46am

Pac - stay tuned - there will be an update to this integration soon from the SS team hopefully as I have contracted them to integrate the SSP component as part of a commercial project and hopefully this will be added either as an SS module or as a code work around 'titbit' for the whole community in the near future. By all accounts it's working out well so far...will keep you posted here.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

1 September 2008 at 3:34pm

It has been developed and is working. No documentation or proper release as yet but you can download it via SVN here - http://open.silverstripe.com/browser/modules/slideshowpro/trunk

Note to get it working you need to buy slideshow pro and drop 3 files into the module. Loader.swf, slideshowpro.swf in slideshowpro/flash/ and your param.xml file into slideshowpro/config/ .

jacobsjensen

Community Member, 20 Posts

5 September 2008 at 9:49am

Hi,

I'm trying to get my Slideshowpro to work by including it as told earlier in this thread, but when I load the page it doesn't seem to load the swf. But when I copy the complete source and paste it into a html document, put this at root level and load it, it works fine...
I'm new to SS, and this is turning my hair grey!! :-)
The page that should hold the swf:
http://www.garagegalleriet.dk/nypage/
The html test file:
http://www.garagegalleriet.dk/test.html

All help is highly appreciated!!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

5 September 2008 at 11:40am

remove the - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> - in Page.ss in your theme. This sends the page as pure xml which is better then text/xml but it doesnt support document.write() and thats a issue with how the flash is being included.

Go to Top