Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

HasManyFileManager: New CMS module/extension. Testers/review needed

Go to End

62 Posts   109893 Views

Laax

Community Member, 14 Posts

20 October 2008 at 3:17pm

Digging into the code of the module, I just realized that the upload field used for an image is a FileField were is added a "special" preview if the file is an image. (at first it looks like a SimpleImageField ...)
I think it would be interresting to use for image the ImageField as you would be abble to add images that are already in the assets.
what do you think?

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

20 October 2008 at 7:48pm

Hi Laax

The reason for using the FileField is quite simple: You can use it (more or less) for Files of any kind, not only images. In addition it has no JavaScript dependencies whatsoever that i would have to load inside the iframe. I don't know how well a ImageField (that is inside a iframe afaik) would work inside another iframe (created by the HasManyFileManager module).

The idea of the HasManyFileManager clearly was to attach Files to a page. And to one page only. So there was no need to let the user choose from existing assets. Whenever a page is being deleted, the assets belonging to that page should be deleted as well...

It seems like there is a need for a solution, that allows attaching some sort of "Documents" to a Page instead of just "Files". Maybe i'll develop a more general and multi-purpose solution than it is now. I'd really like to get rid of that iframe too :)

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

4 November 2008 at 3:27am

Love the progress on this. Thanks again, Banal.

For those of you looking to manage only images, you might want to check out my extension to the Gallery module here:

http://www.silverstripe.com/extending-hacking-silverstripe-forum/flat/218462

Uses drag-and-drop sorting, bulk uploading, caption editing, deleting, all from the front end.

erwanpia

Community Member, 63 Posts

20 November 2008 at 12:06am

Hi, one question

I am trying to get HasManyFileManager to use files uploaded via FTP / SS file admin section

but obvisouly files added here don't create an entry in the file database (SiteTreeID and Grouping)

I was thinking of adding fileselector field, has anyone done that ?

Thanks

marcink

Community Member, 89 Posts

25 November 2008 at 10:56am

Edited: 25/11/2008 11:04am

hi banal,

have you tested the filemanager with ss 2.3?

when after installing i try to create a new filepage, i get an jquery error. i attach a screenshot of how it looks like in firebug...

cheers
marcin

itlinux

Community Member, 40 Posts

25 November 2008 at 12:37pm

it looks good. I wish that it will also allow you to add a link to a youtube, google video etc.. Which then you do not have to use the youtube option and create a separate page for the videos.

Just my 2 cents.
Remo

Go to Top