Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

HasManyFileManager: New CMS module/extension. Testers/review needed


Reply

62 Posts   104232 Views

Avatar
Fuzz10

16 August 2008 at 12:07am Community Member, 787 Posts

Make sure to get this module on the download-page as well, there'll be a better chance of people noticing it then.

Again, thanks for your work. I'll let you know if I bump into problems.

Avatar
UncleCheese

22 August 2008 at 4:17am 4085 Posts

Any chance you'll be integrating SWFUpload with this? That would change the world.

Avatar
banal

22 August 2008 at 7:00pm Community Member, 901 Posts

Hi UncleCheese

Why would you want to use SWFUpload for it? AFAIK SWFUpload doesn't work reliably on some machines (not sure about Flash Player for Linux either)?

Avatar
UncleCheese

23 August 2008 at 1:33am 4085 Posts

True, Flash isn't 100% compatible, but neither is Javascript. The goal would be to make it degrade gracefully. Maybe even have a config variable turn it on or off. When used right, SWFUpload is a very powerful, lightweight tool that can work with at least 95% of your audience, and as for the other 5%, it's great at graceful degradation.

Think of the advantages of being able to:
1) Interrogate file for size, mime-type, etc before it can be selected.
2) Select multiple files at once
3) Show upload progress

That, to me, is the Mecca of a HasMany file manager. In the meantime, this looks great, and I'll definitely use it over the clunky CTFs I'm always using.

Avatar
Liam

23 August 2008 at 5:49am Community Member, 470 Posts

I think he means SWFUpload is pretty buggy. SS removed it from the backend except for in the quick tiny_mce upload area. The reason being it borked on a lot of installations and different versions of Flash.

This looks great though. I'll be sure to use it.

Avatar
Daminipo

26 August 2008 at 9:13pm Community Member, 14 Posts

WOW!

That's a great job there!
I've been looking for this a long time. I saw some other posts to it, but such a great solution is more then I expected.
Your piece of work is great! Exactly what I was looking for.
And your comments in the code are really helpfull.

Have you ever tried it on the newest daily build?
Doesn't work properly there... I guess it's something they've changed in the main declaration of the form fields. But I haven't investigated.
More I wanted to ask if you're informed about this problem.

Your module shows much more Formfield options, that make no sense at all.
But still, there's no error message or something.
It doesn't work, quietly.
:-)
--> take a look at the screenshot-attached.

Hopefully that information helps you a bit.
For me I hope you keep up that good work so I can keep using your great module!

Grüessli us dr schwiz,
Daminipo
;-)

Avatar
UncleCheese

27 August 2008 at 2:45am 4085 Posts

Anyone else getting a database error saying that the File table does not have column FilePageID?

Avatar
UncleCheese

27 August 2008 at 7:19am 4085 Posts

Never mind. That was just a conflict when i upgraded to the second version. Banal, if you get a chance, I'd really like to know how you got the extra form fields in there. When I make a custom class such as MyImage extends AttachedFile, the HasManyFileManager yells at me saying my SourceClass must be AttachedFile or a subclass thereof.

Anyone have any luck adding fields that are beyond Title and File?