I have a Dreamhost hosting. When I install a brand new SS from the tarball It installs correctly and works just fine. When I install it locally, develop it and add content to it, then I upload it to the hosting, I get an "Internal server error". This has nothing to do with the .htaccess because I tried to remove it and access /sapphire/main.php?url=/ directly from the url - still the same.
It seems like I am missing an important part of the migration. Here is the sequence:
1. I install SS to my local server in a subdirectory of documents root.
2. I develop the site and put content into it
3. I dump the DB into an SQL file
4. I upload all the files to the hosting server
5. I create a DB and sun the SQL script
6. I edit the mysite/_config.php to change the DB connection data
7. I edit the .htaccess file and change the RewriteBase to "/"
8. I access the site and get the 500 error.
Is there something I am missing? Please help me on that.