Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Problems Installing s.s-v2.2.2/WAMP Server

Go to End

7 Posts   2586 Views

Tresos

Community Member, 4 Posts

6 August 2008 at 7:59pm

Hi

I have completed all the steps required to initialise the opensource Silverstripe software. However when I copy the Silverstripe name into the local host tab I'm told the site doesn't exist, so I'm stuck. I see others are having the exact same problem. I cannot access the site in Step 8 with either: http://localhost/silvertripe-v2.2.2 OR silver_s_tripe-v2.2.2. It has been suggested I check the settings on WAMP? Can anyone help? Need to get my site up in 5 days but can't do anything till I get past this.

Cheers

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

6 August 2008 at 9:23pm

have you unzipped the silverstripe download to the WAMP sites folder on your computer. I think you need to unzip it to My Computer -> C:\ Drive -> WAMP folder then the WWW folder?

Tresos

9 August 2008 at 2:03pm

yep, done that. is it a Vista problem?

Willr

9 August 2008 at 9:49pm

Well it could be anything :P If you go to http://localhost/ does anything happen? If not then WAMP is a) not installed properly or b) not running properly.

Tresos

10 August 2008 at 6:31am

I just get 'IE can;t pen page. Have uninstalled/installed WAM twice so don't know what else to do.

Tresos

10 August 2008 at 7:42am

I seem to have installed WAMP absolutely correctly, with everything showing in the WWW folder. The local host site is inaccessible for me though. Ont he forum in the installation instructions page I see another guy had exactly the same problem. He had a different URL, but even with that I get the 'cannot find page' page. If I go to http://localhost/, I get the WAMP server configuration page, but when I add the given silverstripe paths I just always get nothing. I'm in Wellington and can come in with my laptop to see you if that will help; I really need to get my site up. Thanks.

Willr

10 August 2008 at 11:31am

Ok so if you get the WAMP server config screen that means its at least working! If your getting a blank page (rather then a 404 error or 'Page Not Found') there could be something not working correct with PHP - Check your logs at C:\wamp\logs\apache_error.log. Open the apache one in NotePad or something and see if there is any errors listed for your time / location