Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

recent break in youtube service?

3 Posts   1925 Views

Berteh

Community Member, 11 Posts

14 August 2008 at 9:02pm

Hello,

Recently the YouTube gallery pages I used stopped working (displayed no video any more) and output the following error message:

Notice: Error occurred in processing YouTube response in /(...)/public_html/youtubeservice/code/YoutubeService.php on line 90 (see trace below)

The pages were working fine 2 weeks ago (and possibly more recently).

From the error details below I guess the API changed... but don't know how to fix it. you have any hint?
(this is quite urgent as the website is in production....). I used the "display playlist" option of this module, feel free to try with the youtube playlist id 03BE864A5392CD9F, it should work.

thanks,
Berteh.

exception details:

exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /(...)/public_html/youtubeservice/code/YoutubeService.php:55
Stack trace:
#0 /(...)/public_html/youtubeservice/code/YoutubeService.php(55): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('')
#1 /(...)/public_html/youtubeservice/code/YoutubeService.php(170): YoutubeService->getVideosFeed('playlists/03BE8...', Array, '10', 1)
#2 /(...)/public_html/youtubeservice/code/YoutubeGallery.php(67): YoutubeService->getPlaylist('03BE864A5392CD9...', '10', 1, 'updated')
#3 [internal function]: YoutubeGallery->YoutubeVideos()
#4 /(...)/public_html/sapphire/core/Object.php(177): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 [internal function]: Object->__call('YoutubeVideos', Array)
#6 /(...)/public_html/youtubeservice/code/YoutubeGallery.php(105): YoutubeGallery_Controller->YoutubeVideos()
#7 [internal function]: YoutubeGallery_Controller- in <b>/(...)/public_html/youtubeservice/code/YoutubeService.php</b> on line <b>91</b><br />

Berteh

Community Member, 11 Posts

19 August 2008 at 2:57am

Edited: 19/08/2008 2:58am

I got this answer from Lakshan, the original module developper:

Yeah this module is deprecated now as YouTube has changed their API
structure since release of this module.

I'm currently stuck with some other commitments, so sorry about not releasing a new update.
But I'm sure there may be other contributors who may work on the next version of this module.

If any want knows where I can find some more info about the youtube API please give me the pointers and I'll try to correct the module as I really need it ;o)

thanks.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

19 August 2008 at 11:19am

This is a mirgation guide on youtube you can use for a few pointers on whats changed - http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/migration.html and the new api docs are here http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/overview.html . Yell out if you have any issues