Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Problems with translate to Portuguese

4 Posts   1251 Views

juandavidgc

Community Member, 36 Posts

14 August 2008 at 11:22pm

Hey!

Well i'm building a web site, and i need to make a translation to Spanish, English, French and Portuguese. In the cms i build my page in spanish, the default langage, and i translated it to English, French and Portuguese.

In the page template, i put four links to the page and i pass for get the language, for example, for change the language to english i put $Link/?lang=en, for french i put $Link/?lang=fr. For Portuguese i put $Link/?lang=pt

The translate in the cms is a translation for Portuguese(Portugal)

Well the problem is that when i select Portuguese, the language doesn´t change. When i select the others languages, the languge change, the problem it's only with Portuguese.

I apreciate your help, thanks!

juandavidgc

26 August 2008 at 10:47pm

hi!!!

i still have this problem, if anyone can help me i'd appreciate it so much.

Thanks!

pjssms

Community Member, 49 Posts

31 August 2008 at 12:48pm

I don´t know how to help you but i am interested on doing what you are doing.

Ho are you creating the content in severall languages ? I would like to try it and then try to see if i can go over your problem.

thank you,

Paulo Santos

juandavidgc

1 September 2008 at 4:12am

Hi Paulo!

I did resolve the problem. The thing is, that when you try to change the language to portuguesse, you need to put in the url (well, i change the language for url, but you can try it to change using session, or cookies), the language and the countre. For example i made a transaltion to portuguesse for portugal, so i put in the url "pt-PT". In english, spanish and frech i didn't need to especify the country, only the language, for examplo to change to spanish i put "es", to english i put "en", and for french i put "fr".