Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Attaching an Image creates a 'new image' file in the dropdown

Go to End

7 Posts   2549 Views

Pixel

Community Member, 78 Posts

20 August 2008 at 3:11am

Hi, I have encountered this issue with several websites that I have been working on recently.

Some of my sites have a sub-header image which sits in the middle content column, so for each top level navigation section there is a different picture. When I use the ImageFeild and save and publish, i go to the next page to add the image and a new file appears called 'new image' and when i am dealing with a fairly large site I get a huge long list of these building up thus slowing down the rate at which I can work (dropdown takes longer to load each time) and it makes it tedious scrolling past them all.

See attached image

Why is this file being created and how can I stop it? Do I just have to clear my cache every so often?

Thanks

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

20 August 2008 at 8:58am

Edited: 20/08/2008 8:59am

Don't have the answer, but I ran into this same problem with the last site I just built which was the first time I used the image field like that.

I was also getting 404 errors in that area after attaching an image from the file store.

There might be a ticket in the bug tracker, though I'm not too sure. If not, there should be one.

*Edit* What I just did was delete the files in the images/files tab. It's not a fix, but it's something to help clear them up.

Blackdog

Community Member, 156 Posts

20 August 2008 at 12:27pm

I have experienced this also.

Some sites it does it and some sites it doesn't.
I have no knowledge of what I am doing different to cause this problem.

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

16 September 2008 at 4:22pm

subscribe - same here

xurizaemon

Community Member, 6 Posts

3 October 2008 at 1:01pm

I have opened an issue on this - if you can contribute any feedback on what might cause it, please do so

http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/2893

Blackdog

Community Member, 156 Posts

6 October 2008 at 2:56pm

subscribe

Laax

Community Member, 14 Posts

23 November 2008 at 1:50am

Hi,
I found a way removing all the "New image" in the dropdownlist by flushing the image:
-> db/?flush=1
-> Flush all of the generated images.

If you find were in the code you can add a fix...