Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Attaching an Image creates a 'new image' file in the dropdown

7 Posts   1775 Views

Pixel

Community Member, 78 Posts

20 August 2008 at 3:11am

Hi, I have encountered this issue with several websites that I have been working on recently.

Some of my sites have a sub-header image which sits in the middle content column, so for each top level navigation section there is a different picture. When I use the ImageFeild and save and publish, i go to the next page to add the image and a new file appears called 'new image' and when i am dealing with a fairly large site I get a huge long list of these building up thus slowing down the rate at which I can work (dropdown takes longer to load each time) and it makes it tedious scrolling past them all.

See attached image

Why is this file being created and how can I stop it? Do I just have to clear my cache every so often?

Thanks

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

20 August 2008 at 8:58am

Edited: 20/08/2008 8:59am

Don't have the answer, but I ran into this same problem with the last site I just built which was the first time I used the image field like that.

I was also getting 404 errors in that area after attaching an image from the file store.

There might be a ticket in the bug tracker, though I'm not too sure. If not, there should be one.

*Edit* What I just did was delete the files in the images/files tab. It's not a fix, but it's something to help clear them up.

Blackdog

Community Member, 156 Posts

20 August 2008 at 12:27pm

I have experienced this also.

Some sites it does it and some sites it doesn't.
I have no knowledge of what I am doing different to cause this problem.

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 604 Posts

16 September 2008 at 4:22pm

subscribe - same here

xurizaemon

Community Member, 6 Posts

3 October 2008 at 1:01pm

I have opened an issue on this - if you can contribute any feedback on what might cause it, please do so

http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/2893

Blackdog

Community Member, 156 Posts

6 October 2008 at 2:56pm

subscribe

Laax

Community Member, 14 Posts

23 November 2008 at 1:50am

Hi,
I found a way removing all the "New image" in the dropdownlist by flushing the image:
-> db/?flush=1
-> Flush all of the generated images.

If you find were in the code you can add a fix...