Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Multiple Areas + blog + html edit = uh oh

Go to End

3 Posts   2155 Views

thebestsophist

Community Member, 7 Posts

23 August 2008 at 8:05am

I am developing a site with multiple areas editable areas and a blog, and tend to do a lot of raw html since I need to do a lot of html that isn't as widely used.

I don't have any issues when I am trying to use html edit in the different ares when editing normal page, however, I can only edit the html in one area and no the other, even when I specifically select one.

Has anyone else had this issue? What can I do to help troubleshoot this quickly?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

23 August 2008 at 12:02pm

The blog module disables tinymce (the text/html editor icons) in favour of using BBCode for posts. If you want to use the standard editor then you have to make sure you have a recent copy of the blog module (available off http://dailybuilds.silverstripe.com/modules-tarballs/) then you can add BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editor(); in your mysite/_config.php file.

deejayh

Community Member, 10 Posts

22 November 2008 at 12:37pm

I Have the latest build. Everything works Ok. As soon as I edit my mysite/_config.php and add BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editor(); and then do a ?flush=1 - the site breaks (500)

I have to comment out the BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editor();

To be fair this has happened to many things I have to add to the mysite/_config.php. Seems to break the site!

Regards,
Dave