Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

How to make top menu sections without content and jump to the first child?

Go to End

10 Posts   3711 Views

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

3 September 2008 at 5:29am

I'd like the same type of thing, except I don't need a link outputted from a certain parent page. I need just a blank <a> tag produced from a page in the sitetree, no redirects.

The reason being I am building a suckerfish navigation menu so I still need the <a> tag produced for the parent, so when a user hovers over it, the suckerfish menu is displayed listing the child pages.

Is this at all possible?

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

3 September 2008 at 7:28pm

Edited: 03/09/2008 7:29pm

Hmm, one way I think you could achieve this would be to override the Link() method on your page-type. This means that for that particular $Link in the template loop for the menu there's nothing returned, thus you can do <% if Link %><a href="$Link">$MenuTitle</a><% else %><span>$MenuTitle</span><% end_if %> - or something similar.

Example:

<?php

class UnlinkedPage extends Page {

function Link() {
      return false;
   }

}

class UnlinkedPage_Controller extends Page_Controller {

}

?>

It's kind of a theory more than anything. I'm not sure if there'll be any side effects from a page not having a valid Link() method, but it's certainly worth a try I believe.

Sean

Go to Top