Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Staff Page tutorial type images not displaying

Go to End

4 Posts   1776 Views

thrax

Community Member, 32 Posts

2 September 2008 at 12:18pm

Hi again guys :D

I'm having issues with the Staff Page from the tutorial. I currently have 2 staff pages, 1 with a working picture and one without. I have tried making a third but I get the same result as the 2nd (not working). What happens is when a picture is uploaded I end up with this.

I have tried a range of various image types (.gif doesn't like work either), but the main test one I am using is identical in size (90x90) to the image on page 1. note: If I use te SAME image as is on page 1, it works fine... but no other's work (tested about 25).

Can anyone help me out on this? It's very frustrating to have a staff page with only 1 member able to have a photo up. I have cleared cache and all the other "try this first" solutions. Also one more thing that may or may not be related....

When using the "With one from your file store" radio button, it does not reflect what is actually in the file structure. I have gone in via FTP and deleted the mass of random pictures that were uploaded, but this drop down still shows them as being in the uploads folder - and in the root it show 4 or 5 "new image" entries, however on the ftp there are no files here.

please help! :D

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 September 2008 at 3:14pm

Yea theres some sort of issues between your assets / database listing. Mass uploading via FTP and removing files via FTP should work fine but it usually doesn't! You best bet is to do all the management via the assets screen. Or at least remove the assets via FTP then go into the assets panel and check everything is legit. If you still get that problem with the image not being ther go and view the image via FTP and make sure it works. It could be corrupted.

thrax

Community Member, 32 Posts

2 September 2008 at 4:06pm

No good mate :(

Got the asset view looking the same as FTP reflects now, and using the asset screen to add/remove any images - but the image for the staff page still get the same result (apart from the 1 pic that works on the first staff page) as my previous screenshot.

where can I go from here?

xurizaemon

Community Member, 6 Posts

3 October 2008 at 1:03pm

When using the "With one from your file store" radio button, it does not reflect what is actually in the file structure. I have gone in via FTP and deleted the mass of random pictures that were uploaded, but this drop down still shows them as being in the uploads folder - and in the root it show 4 or 5 "new image" entries, however on the ftp there are no files here.

I have opened an issue on this - if you can contribute any feedback on what might cause it, please do so

http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/2893