Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Moving installation from subdir to root?

2 Posts   1339 Views

superautomatic

Community Member, 53 Posts

3 September 2008 at 4:49am

Hi,

We've implemented a site for a customer, and during development we've been working in a subdirectory of the doman (http://www.pathfindertravels.se/silverstripe/) and everything works perfectly (We're really starting to like Silverstripe!). Today the site was going to go public, so I moved the contents of the silverstripe folder to the root (and changed the settings in .htaccess to match the new folderstructure). But now nothing works, and instead I get a whole page of "Permission denied" warnings (see below). I get no errors when changing the name of the "silverstripe" folder to something else.
Is this an open_basedir related problem? Is there a solution?

/jens

"Warning: scandir(/home/userB/b0015300/public_html) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/userB/b0015300/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 95

Warning: scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 13): Permission denied in /home/userB/b0015300/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 95

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/userB/b0015300/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 96

Warning: scandir(/home/userB/b0015300/public_html) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/userB/b0015300/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 117

Warning: scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 13): Permission denied in /home/userB/b0015300/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 117

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/userB/b0015300/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php"

and a lot of similar messages...

superautomatic

Community Member, 53 Posts

3 September 2008 at 9:10pm

Solved.

The problem was that the webroot had insufficient permissions. I had to make tho root readable for the user "other".