Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Weird no-loading issue

4 Posts   1071 Views

k3liutZu

Community Member, 3 Posts

11 September 2008 at 8:56pm

Hello,

first-of-all i'm new to SS.

I'm having a problem with the site sometimes not loading. As if the server is responding with a blank page. This happens in the front-end and also in the back-end. This also happens when i'm updating content. Approx 1 out of 4 refreshes works. In the admin, when i'm saving i get an error. After some (2-3) clicks on the Save button, i get a Succesfull message.

From what i guess this could be
1. a htaccess issue
2. a cache issue
3. db issue

I had a fresh install yesterday. This was happening constantly. (no modules or other extras installed)
I then deleted everything and reinstalled, dupmed db, reinstalled (without the statistics checkbox) and the site worked like a charm.

I then put up some modules (blog, forum, gallery and youtubeservices). Run /db/biuld/?flush=1 and went to bed.

This morning the site is showing the same symptoms. ~60% of all requests made to the server don't come back. Or come back empty...

Anyone have any ideea where to look?

URL: http://crystaltop.designpunct.ro/

just click on the menu links and a balnk page shoul now-and-then appear. when that happens refresh a couple of times.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

11 September 2008 at 11:54pm

Could it be a memory limit issue? that would explain why things bailed with extra modules

k3liutZu

12 September 2008 at 1:21am

Physical space could not be a problem.
PHP allocated mamory? Could be... but wouldn't i get some php errors if that was the case?
Also RAM related issus shouldn't be. As i have another 2 db driven sites on the same hosting account and i'm not experiencing problems with those.

k3liutZu

12 September 2008 at 8:35pm

I reinstalled everything on a different hosting and it seems to be working fine now... I still don't know what the problem was, but i'm happy as its working now.

Thanks for looking into my problem willr :)