Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Form subject umlauts error

Go to End

4 Posts   2040 Views

SunPower

Community Member, 6 Posts

14 September 2008 at 2:26am

Hi,

I have the following problem: The page name is "Unser Büro" and in the e-mail in the subject field, "Unser Bãπro". The umlauts are not properly represented. What can I do?

Many thanks, Micha.

FlorianH

Community Member, 33 Posts

15 September 2008 at 9:48pm

Edited: 15/09/2008 9:54pm

Is the Page name displayed correctly in the Page itself? Just wondering because I struggle with that one actually. I already tried to change the collation of the sitetree table, but it seems Silverstripe itself changes the umlaute with these symbols. "Ü" becomes "Ãœ", "ü" becomes "ü". The Content part works perfectly, only the Page Name makes trouble.

SunPower

Community Member, 6 Posts

15 September 2008 at 9:58pm

Hello FlorianH,

on the side everything is correct. The only problem is the e-mail headers or subject.

Somebody has an idea how I can tackle the problem?

Best wishes from Berlin

FlorianH

Community Member, 33 Posts

15 September 2008 at 10:11pm

You maybe should try around with "ContentNegotiator::set_encoding('ISO-8859-1');" in your _config.php. I had "ISO-8859-1" set and some Pages worked fine, some had a question mark in it and some other had these interesting symbols I wrote above. When I delete this part, latter works fine, the rest is shown with question marks. Why is that, any ideas?