Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

ComplexTableField with Images

2 Posts   1773 Views

jjeziorski

Community Member, 11 Posts

16 September 2008 at 10:47pm

Hey,

What I'm trying to get is a ComplexTableField with thumbnails of images (as table column) and some string columns in CMS tab. I don't really need to upload images, i just need a preview of images, since i'll need this to add descriptions to images.

My ideas for solution:
1. Pass Image data (URL, width, height) as a string to CTF and interpret data through custom template. (how to get this data from Image datatype, defining CTF?)
2. Override CTF item rendering method (but i haven't a clue where to start)

Any ideas, suggestions?
Thanks,

Laax

Community Member, 14 Posts

19 November 2008 at 1:19am

Hi,
I already succeed doing this before.. but it was as a test and i deleted the code after.
But, as a tiny clue, here are some tracks I followed:
- (php) extending the ComplexTableField php class
- redecorating the same class (see: [url=http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=dataobjectdecorator]dataobjectdecorator[/url])

As far as I remember I finished by redefining an .ss file that renders the table in the CMS (found a post on the forum on how to do it) and extending the php class in order to add a function that returns an Image dataobjectset so that I could loop on it in the ss file.

Hopes that helps.