Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Newsletteradmin not sending emails

4 Posts   1050 Views

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

18 September 2008 at 1:45am

I've set up the newsletters section on my site. All is fine except for it won't send. I have a 'from email address' entered and also Email::setAdminEmail('myname@mysite.com'); in my _config.php file. Is there anything else i need to do? I'm working from my localhost... should this matter?

Thanks

FlorianH

Community Member, 33 Posts

18 September 2008 at 2:10am

You need to specify a SMTP-Server in your php.ini. Search for "SMTP" in your php.ini and add some SMTP-Server (You should be able to use the one you got from your mail provider).

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

18 September 2008 at 3:22am

Edited: 18/09/2008 3:27am

Thanks Florian. Sorry, where exactly is this file located? I'm using WAMP so would it be bin/php/php5.2.6...

I tried a php.ini file in there and it didn't seem to work. Am i correct in saying that this wouldn't be a problem if I was already running Silverstripe on a production server? Is it just because i'm on localhost?

FlorianH

Community Member, 33 Posts

19 September 2008 at 7:00pm

Hello Briohny

when you use you WAMP you could just cleft-click on the icon in your TaskBar, choose "PHP" and then "php.ini". You'll need to search for this part:

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = putYourSMTPServerHere.com
smtp_port = 25

On a production server the php.ini is usually configured properly, so this should work without any problems and if it does not, contact your host admin.