Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Almost got my site live but need a little help please **FIXED THANKS**

6 Posts   1027 Views

Mishy

Community Member, 24 Posts

18 September 2008 at 6:37pm

Edited: 19/09/2008 7:59am

My webhost has installed the tutorial files instead of the normal blackcandy template. I have changed all of the files that I am aware of. My template shows up and the 'locked' content is visible however, the changeable content and the menu items are incorrect.

I believe the problem is in accessing the content from the CMS rather than a theme problem but I am a bit stuck. If you take a look at the site [url]http://www.search4pharma.co.uk[/url] hopefully you will see what I mean.

I believe they have also allocated the normal admin & password to the site - which files do I need to access to change this to a more secure password please?

All help very much appreciated.

Mishy

18 September 2008 at 10:47pm

I am so close and yet so far. Is anyone able to help me with this please?

Many thanks in advance. :-)

Mishy

19 September 2008 at 5:54am

OK now I'm really confused!!

I decided that while I was waiting for an answer to sort out this problem I would install a fresh copy of SS on my local system with WAMP server. When I went to the fresh install on my localhost I expected to see a blackcandy template with no content. I do see the blackcandy template but it is full of the content from the site I had already developed and uploaded to my webhost.

Have I missed something vital here?!!

How on earth have I got the content from my search4pharma site on my new fresh localhost install but I can't get it to show up on my web host server which is where it should be!

Please help, I feel completely and utterly confused now!!

Thanks from a frustrated newbie to CMS and databases. :-)

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

19 September 2008 at 7:12am

Presumably your _config.php database configuration is pointing at your production database.

You should probably look at tightening your database security, especially if you've still got MySQL's default users set up. [url=http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1726]This[/url] is a pretty good guide.

Mishy

19 September 2008 at 7:24am

Thanks Hamish. I solved the problem by importing my database again.

I still have one problem though...

The password for the admin login to the CMS isn't strong enough. Is there a way that I can change this please?

Many thanks in advance.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

19 September 2008 at 7:57am

Can't you change this from the security panel?

Or is it a hard-coded default admin account?