Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Almost got my site live but need a little help please **FIXED THANKS**

Go to End

6 Posts   1298 Views

Mishy

Community Member, 24 Posts

18 September 2008 at 6:37pm

Edited: 19/09/2008 7:59am

My webhost has installed the tutorial files instead of the normal blackcandy template. I have changed all of the files that I am aware of. My template shows up and the 'locked' content is visible however, the changeable content and the menu items are incorrect.

I believe the problem is in accessing the content from the CMS rather than a theme problem but I am a bit stuck. If you take a look at the site http://www.search4pharma.co.uk hopefully you will see what I mean.

I believe they have also allocated the normal admin & password to the site - which files do I need to access to change this to a more secure password please?

All help very much appreciated.

Mishy

18 September 2008 at 10:47pm

I am so close and yet so far. Is anyone able to help me with this please?

Many thanks in advance. :-)

Mishy

19 September 2008 at 5:54am

OK now I'm really confused!!

I decided that while I was waiting for an answer to sort out this problem I would install a fresh copy of SS on my local system with WAMP server. When I went to the fresh install on my localhost I expected to see a blackcandy template with no content. I do see the blackcandy template but it is full of the content from the site I had already developed and uploaded to my webhost.

Have I missed something vital here?!!

How on earth have I got the content from my search4pharma site on my new fresh localhost install but I can't get it to show up on my web host server which is where it should be!

Please help, I feel completely and utterly confused now!!

Thanks from a frustrated newbie to CMS and databases. :-)

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

19 September 2008 at 7:12am

Presumably your _config.php database configuration is pointing at your production database.

You should probably look at tightening your database security, especially if you've still got MySQL's default users set up. This is a pretty good guide.

Mishy

19 September 2008 at 7:24am

Thanks Hamish. I solved the problem by importing my database again.

I still have one problem though...

The password for the admin login to the CMS isn't strong enough. Is there a way that I can change this please?

Many thanks in advance.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

19 September 2008 at 7:57am

Can't you change this from the security panel?

Or is it a hard-coded default admin account?