Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Terrafirma & Gallery

Go to End

4 Posts   1317 Views

gakenny

Community Member, 153 Posts

23 September 2008 at 8:23pm

Hello,

I am struggling a little with this theme and the gallery extension. I want to create a gallery menu item that contains a number of galleries based on specific headings.

The gallery menu item has been created type page and the galleries have each been created with type gallery.

However, the issue is bizarre. When browsing to one of the seperate galleries, the content of my sidebar is displayed again but in the main content area. Immediately beneath this I see the page name and content but without the images.

If I create the gallery in the root of the site, the images are displayed correctly. Has anyone come across this issue before? Is this a weakness in the gallery extension?

Thanks a bunch!

Gary

gakenny

23 September 2008 at 8:53pm

Hello,

I think I must have been suggering 'brain-fade'! I needed to create a GalleryPage.ss file based on that included in the extension and include in the Layout folder of the theme.

However, I still can't see images in the gallery as indicated previously...

Can anyone assist?

Cheers,

Gary

gakenny

24 September 2008 at 8:45am

Hello,

Sorry - third post on this issue...

The problem I have seems to relate to Gallery rather than the theme as I have changed to the default 'blackcandy' theme with the same result. No images are displaying on the gallery page (although the page name and content information is displayed). I have created a PageGallery.ss and included the relevant Gallery code in the template.

Cheers,

Gary

gakenny

24 September 2008 at 8:55am

Hello,

My final post - probably mildly entertaining to someone reading my conversation!

It seems that uploading my files to a gallery folder under assets using FTP is not sufficient. I must then view this folder under Files & Images in the Admin area for this to sample the images and make these available.

Is there another method to achieve the same?

Cheers,

Gary