Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Newbie with rewritetest error

Go to End

3 Posts   1543 Views

webfaery

Community Member, 2 Posts

23 September 2008 at 7:32pm

Hi all. I've tried installing SS on my Vista machine, running Apache. I'm fairly new to php and have installed EasyPHP locally and successfully developed a few basic php apps. I tried installing SS into www/silverstripe (http://localhost/silverstripe). I'm getting what seems to be a common error with Vista, but I've been unable to solve the problem - or see where to go next. The error on install is:

ERROR: mod_rewrite not working, redirecting to mod_rewrite test page

then it tries to redirect to rewritetest but times out.

I've tried going to http://localhost/silverstripe/home/successfullyinstalled?flush=1 but I get this error:
Not Found

The requested URL /silverstripe/home/successfullyinstalled was not found on this server.
(there is no 'home' directory in the silverstripe folder)

When I go back and try to run the installer I see:

Note: It seems as though SilverStripe is already installed here. If you ask me to install, I will overwrite the .htaccess and mysite/_config.php files.
I'm on a bit of a steep learning curve here right now, so I'm hoping someone will help. Hopefully it's something simple that I'm just not 'getting'.

Thanks much.

webfaery

Community Member, 2 Posts

23 September 2008 at 7:55pm

I've figured it out. Did a bit more reading and realised that even though mod_rewrite was enabled I still needed to AllowOveride All for the current path. Which I did and that works. One question, thoug: Should I have enabled Allow Overwrite for the whole www directory or just the silverstripe directory? I enabled it for www.
Thanks again.

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

14 October 2008 at 9:59pm

Hi Webfaery,

How did you AllowOveride All for the current path??

Thanks