Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Customising Breadcrumbs

2 Posts   1242 Views

Hammy

Community Member, 49 Posts

25 September 2008 at 11:25pm

I'm just starting out on silverstripe and am having a little trouble customising breadcrumbs.

I'm wanting the breadcrumb to stop traversing up the site tree at a particular page type. But not entirely sure how this is done? Can any help?

Hammy

Community Member, 49 Posts

13 October 2008 at 10:23pm

Actually a different question now (kinda figured out the previous question).

I have a news holder that contains news articles and I have a category holder that obviously contains categories that can go down to various levels. I have created a one to one relationship from an article to a category (obviously categories have one to many) and this works fine.

My question is how do I configure the breadcrumb in the news articles to show where it sits amongst the categories?

Example: Instead of "Home > News Article", how do I make the breadcrumb in the news article appear as "Home > Category Level One > Category Level Two > News Article" etc?

I've tried editing the SiteTree but alas to no success. Can any body help with this one :)