Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Customising Breadcrumbs

Go to End

2 Posts   1524 Views

Hammy

Community Member, 49 Posts

25 September 2008 at 11:25pm

I'm just starting out on silverstripe and am having a little trouble customising breadcrumbs.

I'm wanting the breadcrumb to stop traversing up the site tree at a particular page type. But not entirely sure how this is done? Can any help?

Hammy

Community Member, 49 Posts

13 October 2008 at 10:23pm

Actually a different question now (kinda figured out the previous question).

I have a news holder that contains news articles and I have a category holder that obviously contains categories that can go down to various levels. I have created a one to one relationship from an article to a category (obviously categories have one to many) and this works fine.

My question is how do I configure the breadcrumb in the news articles to show where it sits amongst the categories?

Example: Instead of "Home > News Article", how do I make the breadcrumb in the news article appear as "Home > Category Level One > Category Level Two > News Article" etc?

I've tried editing the SiteTree but alas to no success. Can any body help with this one :)