Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Can't see gallery pictures...

nbc

29 September 2008 at 1:02pm 17 Posts

New user - probably a dumb question here... I've managed to install SilverStripe and the gallery module. I was able to upload a couple of images and insert them into a page - so that part of the system is definitely working. I just created a 'gallery' page for the first time. I uploaded a set of photos into a folder and told the page to display images from that folder. So far, so good. But the gallery itself is a child of a page named 'Photos' - I can see that page,
but I don't see anything in the navigation that will actually get me to the gallery itself.
Did I miss something obvious? In the site editor, the gallery pages shows up under the Photos page, but when I try to visit the site I can't find it...

For the record, I'm running Apache on a Fedora 9 system.

And a second question, while I have your attention :) I'm building this site on a test machine. Is it going to be easy to 'export' the complete site and install it on my actual web server machine (which is Fedora 7 at the moment). Or do I need to manually rebuild everything on
the production site. If this is documented somewhere, a pointer to that would be sufficient for now - I confess that I have not looked too hard for it yet - I'm still trying to see if I can make it all work well enough to use on the official site... Looks good so far..

Thanks in advance,

nbc