Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

TinyMCE doesn't seem to be working

Go to End

9 Posts   4654 Views

pianomansam

Community Member, 9 Posts

30 September 2008 at 4:31am

Edited: 30/09/2008 4:31am

Hi all,

I'm new to SilveStripe and am evaluating it for my CMS needs. As I'm test driving it, I'm not seeing TinyMCE work either in the live demo or on my own machine. I've confirmed this on my Mac Firefox 3 as well as Windows XP Firefox 3 and IE 7. Is there some sort of setting I don't have enabled or is this a bug? Thanks!

Sam

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

30 September 2008 at 5:01pm

have you got javascript turned off? I can't imagine anything else that would stop it from working, unless you trying to use it for editing a blog entry. The blog module disables the tinymce toolbar (by default - can be turned off). So if that is the case it will not be working because of that

pianomansam

30 September 2008 at 5:23pm

That is exactly what I was trying: using TinyMCE for the blog module. I didn't remember until you mentioned it. Why is it disabled for default? I'd envision users wanting it enabled for the blog more than anything else. Excuse my ignorance, but how would I go about enabling it for the blog? Thanks!

Willr

30 September 2008 at 5:39pm

Exactly my thoughts. I find it annoying, confusing and a pain but the way it is is that blog enables bbcode by default and turns off html support (and hence the editor). If you are using a recent version of the blog module you should be able to add this to your mysite/_config.php file

BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editing()

pianomansam

30 September 2008 at 6:05pm

Thank you very much. And thank you for the quick reply. I have all the more confidence in using Silverstripe now. That seems to have done the trick, however I did have to download the latest version of the blog module from the SVN rather than use the one on the modules page.

Willr

30 September 2008 at 9:20pm

Great! Yes our 'stable' modules are all quite out of date. We plan on releasing an updated line of them over the coming months. For the mean time I recommend using daily builds or via SVN. New update to forum is due pretty soon and thats looking good, ecommerce being worked on, blogs getting some much needed new features, finally a useful events module is coming together and josh is working on the gallery + social network module.. Plus with SilverStripe 2.3 just round the corner some wicked things are on the way!

Jonathan

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 October 2008 at 1:40pm

Edited: 02/10/2008 4:46pm

BlogEntry::allow_wysiwyg_editing();

Will this work with only having to update blog code from the stable to daily build?

Willr

2 October 2008 at 4:54pm

Yes. That function should be in any recent daily build of the blog available - dailybuilds.silverstripe.com/

Go to Top