Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

translatable

3 Posts   1707 Views

dany_doo

2 October 2008 at 10:29pm Community Member, 13 Posts

is there anybody who could help me!! Please.. :(

I am trying to build a website with two languages (german and english). when i have only default fields in my templates, everything works fine.. but, as soon as I add some custom field (also definition with extensions array), CMS doesn't work any more..

What to do?

Fuzz10

3 October 2008 at 2:43am (Last edited: 3 October 2008 2:44am), Community Member, 787 Posts

AFAIK this does not work properly (yet).

I think the core-devs put a lot of time / effort in the translatable architecture at the moment. So this´ll probably change in the future.

dany_doo

10 October 2008 at 12:21am Community Member, 13 Posts

I made a following work-around:

I've changed my SiteTree.php.. Inserted all needed fields for translation into SiteTree.php.

When I need some Field in my Template that should not be translated (for example, date field in my news template or the header picture - same in both languages) it is not problem to extend page class..

the only problem is, that cms is not playing 100% with my workaround. there are some problems with ajax validator and you have to watch on the following order:

- create new page in root of your sitetree in your main language
- input all contents (save&publish)
- switch to additional language(s) (i took some widget for language chooser)
- input contents for translation
- go back to main language (first appearance of ajax error with some strange message)
- allow drag and drop and put the new page into wished place.

- sometimes you can run into problems after these steps when you want to create new page again.. but admin/?flush=1 should help you.

when I get some time, i will try to debug these errors.