Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

translatable

3 Posts   1749 Views

dany_doo

Community Member, 13 Posts

2 October 2008 at 10:29pm

is there anybody who could help me!! Please.. :(

I am trying to build a website with two languages (german and english). when i have only default fields in my templates, everything works fine.. but, as soon as I add some custom field (also definition with extensions array), CMS doesn't work any more..

What to do?

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

3 October 2008 at 2:43am

Edited: 03/10/2008 2:44am

AFAIK this does not work properly (yet).

I think the core-devs put a lot of time / effort in the translatable architecture at the moment. So this´ll probably change in the future.

dany_doo

Community Member, 13 Posts

10 October 2008 at 12:21am

I made a following work-around:

I've changed my SiteTree.php.. Inserted all needed fields for translation into SiteTree.php.

When I need some Field in my Template that should not be translated (for example, date field in my news template or the header picture - same in both languages) it is not problem to extend page class..

the only problem is, that cms is not playing 100% with my workaround. there are some problems with ajax validator and you have to watch on the following order:

- create new page in root of your sitetree in your main language
- input all contents (save&publish)
- switch to additional language(s) (i took some widget for language chooser)
- input contents for translation
- go back to main language (first appearance of ajax error with some strange message)
- allow drag and drop and put the new page into wished place.

- sometimes you can run into problems after these steps when you want to create new page again.. but admin/?flush=1 should help you.

when I get some time, i will try to debug these errors.