Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

strange problem moving site from dev server to live

3 Posts   1117 Views

Qbert

Community Member, 5 Posts

6 October 2008 at 9:21pm

Edited: 06/10/2008 9:24pm

Hi,

I have just moved over a site from my development server to the live server, copied over DB and document root, basically all the site is there i can see all the pages (appart from home / root) and i can login to admin. The issue is everytime i try and view the root of the site eg www.mysite.com/ or click 'home' in the navigation i get redirected to the installation setup script..

Does anybody know why this could be or how to fix it? some additional info is that if i delete the installation script, the setup is still trying to find it, so i get a page not found error...

thanks in advance....

jam13

121 Posts

6 October 2008 at 9:31pm

I've seen the same problem after installing a new site. It seems to be caused by the browser caching a 301 redirect. Clear out the browser cache completely (F5 is not enough) or use a different browser to check.

Qbert

Community Member, 5 Posts

6 October 2008 at 9:45pm

Hi,

Thanks, yes that was it - firefox was caching index.html or index.php which redirected to the install so all good now :)