Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Removing security tab for certain groups

Go to End

5 Posts   2093 Views

Phill

Community Member, 81 Posts

12 October 2008 at 5:15am

Hi

Im building a site with multiple user groups one of the user groups need to be able to access the cms and newsletter tab but not the sequrity tab. Is this possible because when ever i remove "Access to SecurityAdmin in cms" users in that group can no longer log in.

But if i do include it although the user cant change the groups permissions they can still add, delete and the edit user details.

Any ideas on how i would go about solving this?

Thanks Phil

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

12 October 2008 at 7:10am

Hi Phil

I've already done that without problem. For a group that only has access to "Site Content", "Files & Images" and "Newsletter" i enabled the following access rights:
AssetAdmin
CMSMain
GenericDataAdmin
LeftAndMain
NewsletterAdmin
BulkLoaderAdmin

That works fine with SilverStripe v2.2.2.

Phill

13 October 2008 at 9:55pm

Thats strange there must be a bug ( or somehow i broke it ) in the version im using but im pretty sure certain its 2.2.2.

With mine i have to have either sequrity admin or full administrive rights enabled for the user to be able to log in sucesfully.

I can hide the security tab with code but is there a way to code if usergroup=='groupNameOrId' display the security tab for one selected group by using either its name or id?

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

13 October 2008 at 11:54pm

That's really strange. So far this worked on all my 2.2.2 installations so far. Maybe it's some sort of caching problem? Did you try ?flush=1 on the login page (Security/login?flush=1).

Phill

20 October 2008 at 10:34pm

Hey

I had tried a db/build?flush=1 and flush=1. Im not sure if Security/login?flush=1 is any different to ?flush=1 on normal site pages but that seemed to fix it!

Thanks