Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

How to clear/purge statistics?

5 Posts   1580 Views

evren

Community Member, 37 Posts

22 October 2008 at 7:08am

My DB is bloated with statistics. It makes me lost time in backups and also makes impossible to restore directly (memory limits).

I have disabled the statistics from ContentController.php in sapphire bu how could I clean the recent records?
Please note that I'm not good at manual SQL operations :(
But if possible I can remove whole table if system creates again automaticly.

Regards.

vstrazz

Community Member, 63 Posts

22 October 2008 at 8:08am

use phpmyadmin and delete some of the older entries SiteTree_Versions this is where the bulk of you're extra useless data is stored.

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

1 November 2008 at 11:37am

I think he's talking about the PageView table - you can simply drop this table, it will be created with the nexty db/build call. The statistics module will not be part of the 2.3 release, and is phased over into a separate module - so unless you need this functionality, you shouldnt have these problems with our upcoming release.

evren

Community Member, 37 Posts

2 November 2008 at 6:40am

Already did it. Dropped the PageView and SiteTree_Versions tables and got about 50 MB.

But, I've patched my version to 223 but statistics still in package. Just want to ask, dosent matter anymore. I'll drop again :)

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

2 November 2008 at 7:27am

I was referring to the upcoming 2.3 release, not 2.2.3 :)