Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

User Of Security Group Keeps Getting Logged Out Of Admin

Go to End

5 Posts   2313 Views

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

23 October 2008 at 9:51am

Edited: 23/10/2008 9:51am

I setup a security group for content editors. I gave them certain permissions as seen in the attached screenshot.

When a user logs in, they are brought to the admin section. As soon as they click on another page, a dialogue box pops up saying they have been logged out of the admin area, and they are directed back to the login form.

These are just basic pages. I also noticed that pages that have images associated with them with an ImageField, they can't view them. When they click on the tab, it says they don't have permission to view it, and a login form appears in that iframe.

Liam

24 October 2008 at 8:53am

Here is the images tab when logged in with this group. That iframe is saying I don't have permission to access this feature in the whole front end template which doesn't fit in the frame.

If I grant full administrative permission to the group, then there is no problem. I've tested this on 2 sites I've built, and same thing.

I have the proper permissions for viewing the assets area it seems, and there is no other complex logic in any of the page types. Not sure why it keeps logging me out after one page view.

mikewheaton

Community Member, 9 Posts

26 October 2008 at 3:36am

I'm having a similar problem with users with limited permissions being constantly logged out. The only documentation I could find is at http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=permissions:codes and it's not terribly helpful.

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

26 October 2008 at 6:21am

Edited: 26/10/2008 6:26am

I encountered the same problem and submitted a bug-report for it. A possible solution can be found in the bug-report (somebody submitted a patch already): http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/2769

Edit Just for clarity: The mentioned bug-report addresses the issue with permissions on iframes for file-uploads.

Liam

26 October 2008 at 9:27am

Perfect.

That's what was causing the issue of logging out since all the page types are the same, and have the image field iframe.

I just used your quick fix for now, as that works good enough.

Glad this will be resolved in the next release.

Thanks.