Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Problems installing database on host

Go to End

9 Posts   4282 Views

mschiefmaker

Community Member, 187 Posts

23 October 2008 at 11:20am

Hi
I am trying to install SilverStripe on a host provider but am striking problems with the database (see attached screenshot). When I create the database the install programme says it can't see it so I deleted it but then the installer says I don't have the permission to create a database even though that user had just been used to create one via the hosting interface. I am confused, I have logged a ticket with the host provider but I am wondering if I am missing something on the SS side

Can you help?
MM

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

23 October 2008 at 12:05pm

That error as it says in the bottom corner - You have not got a database called 'SS_mysite' and your user can't create the database. So you will have to a) Use a different user which has CREATE rights b) Give your user CREATE rights so that SilverStripe can create the database for you or c) Use an existing database or create the database.

mschiefmaker

23 October 2008 at 4:31pm

Hi Willr

Thanks for the quick response.

I am trying to get the host provider to hep me sort the permissions, for some reason I don't have access to this. I am using the database administrator shouldn't tis work?

In the meantime I am wondering if I can get around the problem. The database has a prefix newzealandboutiq_-_ which the install script seems to change to newzealandboutiq__ (see attached ss)when I click Recheck Requirements which I am guessing is why it says the database doesn't exist when it actually does. Is there anyway to stop this?

Thaks

Catherine

LoZzA

Community Member, 11 Posts

23 October 2008 at 8:30pm

I am having exactly the same problem with the '_-_' being turned into '___'. My hosting is with FreeParking.

mschiefmaker

23 October 2008 at 8:31pm

The host has come back to me and said they don't think there is anything wrong with the permissions and the problem is being caused by the missing dash. Can I log tis as a bug and how do I do that?

Cheers

Catherine

mschiefmaker

23 October 2008 at 8:33pm

Snap on the Freeparking thing. Have asked if the dash can be removed from the prefix as a work around.

Catherine

LoZzA

Community Member, 11 Posts

23 October 2008 at 10:19pm

Edited: 23/10/2008 10:21pm

I've just fixed it. If you edit your install.php file and change the name of your database there it recognises the '_-_'. You can even put your username and password in there to to make it quicker!

Apparently you can't change the prefix, which is a bit of a bugger!

mschiefmaker

24 October 2008 at 7:33am

Hey LoZza

Thank you very much you have made my Friday morning

MM

Go to Top