Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Changing the /admin/ path

4 Posts   1669 Views

LoZzA

Community Member, 11 Posts

23 October 2008 at 11:25pm

Edited: 23/10/2008 11:26pm

For my site, www.mysite.co.nz/admin is used to access my web hosting control panel, so I am unable to access the CMS admin page.

How can I make www.mysite.co.nz/cmsadmin my access SilverStrip CMS admin page?

I can get everything to work fine if I put the install files into www.mysite.co.nz/silverstripe and install from there, but I don't want people to have to type www.mysite.co.nz/silverstripe to get to the home page. If I DO install it like this, how can I make www.mysite.co.nz direct to the right place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

LoZzA

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

25 October 2008 at 12:54pm

All the rules for /admin/ would be stored in the cms/_config.php file. You might just find it easier to find and replace over the whole project!

LoZzA

Community Member, 11 Posts

30 October 2008 at 4:17pm

Thanks willr!

In the end I installed SS in its own directory and used rewrite in .htaccess to redirect to the SS directory.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

31 October 2008 at 7:07am

A note about this - hopefully this will change eventually - there is a patch for CMS Menu modifications that goes a small way to making this configurable. However, if you really need to change it, these are some of the steps you probably have to take (not tested!). A lot of it could be done with a global search and replace if you're careful.

Modify the /admin/ path in the following locations:

1. Link() functions in all LeftAndMain subclasses
2. CMS _config.php file directives
3. CMS Javascript behaviours