Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Changing the /admin/ path

Go to End

4 Posts   2424 Views

LoZzA

Community Member, 11 Posts

23 October 2008 at 11:25pm

Edited: 23/10/2008 11:26pm

For my site, www.mysite.co.nz/admin is used to access my web hosting control panel, so I am unable to access the CMS admin page.

How can I make www.mysite.co.nz/cmsadmin my access SilverStrip CMS admin page?

I can get everything to work fine if I put the install files into www.mysite.co.nz/silverstripe and install from there, but I don't want people to have to type www.mysite.co.nz/silverstripe to get to the home page. If I DO install it like this, how can I make www.mysite.co.nz direct to the right place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

LoZzA

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

25 October 2008 at 12:54pm

All the rules for /admin/ would be stored in the cms/_config.php file. You might just find it easier to find and replace over the whole project!

LoZzA

Community Member, 11 Posts

30 October 2008 at 4:17pm

Thanks willr!

In the end I installed SS in its own directory and used rewrite in .htaccess to redirect to the SS directory.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

31 October 2008 at 7:07am

A note about this - hopefully this will change eventually - there is a patch for CMS Menu modifications that goes a small way to making this configurable. However, if you really need to change it, these are some of the steps you probably have to take (not tested!). A lot of it could be done with a global search and replace if you're careful.

Modify the /admin/ path in the following locations:

1. Link() functions in all LeftAndMain subclasses
2. CMS _config.php file directives
3. CMS Javascript behaviours