Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Problem with "Files & Images"

Go to End

7 Posts   2502 Views

SalvaStripe

Community Member, 89 Posts

28 October 2008 at 4:07am

Edited: 04/11/2008 9:32pm

hey guys,
when i click on "files and images" in my cms admin, then i get a white page with the error:

Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /srv/www/vhosts/MyDomain.com/httpdocs/sapphire/filesystem/Folder.php on line 104

its very bad when i cant open http://MyDomain.com/admin/assets/
so can someone help me?

SalvaStripe

28 October 2008 at 9:18pm

someone?

SalvaStripe

4 November 2008 at 3:25am

I updated my first post here.. now i have the error message!
i hope now someone can help me!^^

THX

codepotato

Community Member, 14 Posts

4 November 2008 at 12:09pm

Are you still getting this error? Could you tell me what version of silverstripe u are running, and whether you have changed any of the core files?

codepotato

Community Member, 14 Posts

4 November 2008 at 12:15pm

Hi Salvastripe,

Right, if you are running SS 2.2.2 like me, and haven't editted the file listed in the error above, it's throwing the error because there is an object in the table of uploaded files without a "name" value.

It would be a wise idea to look at your table in MySQL to make sure that there isn't a mucked up entry. Not sure what could have caused this, but i am pretty sure that if you sort this, it should work like a treat!

Let me know whether that helps. Likewise, if you want me to log in and check, msg me. :-)

SalvaStripe

4 November 2008 at 9:32pm

oh yeah i am running SS 2.2.2..

I found the error and now my SS works fine again. In my MySQL DB there was a bad entry in the table FILE. this entry had no class name, i deleted that entry and now is works fine.
a friend with an other project had the same error, but now i know what's causing it.

i dont realy know how the error happens, i think i uploaded a file with "files images".. so maybe that could a bug in SS.. maybe :P

ok Great THX to the community!
bye

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

5 November 2008 at 12:15am

It is a bug with SS 2.2. Ive had it come up a couple of times. There is a ticket on open.silverstripe.com and it seems to be fixed for 2.3. Well It's stopped happening